mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing Mahout
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:22:23 GMT
We've been seeing a lot of similar string comparison problems recently
and have made some progress in minimizing them. Its ironic that this
problem is in the Printable tests which were supposed to be an
improvement to the situation<grin>. The NormalModel asFormatString()
uses ClusterBase.formatVector() which itself uses String.format(). In
this case I think I would choose to fix the tests since the formatString
*should* track the local language settings as its intended to be user
readable.

I suggest deleting the test class until I can get a patch in for the
tests, or just run mvn install -DskipTests=true. Actually, it would be
most useful to delete the class and see if there are any other tests
like that one to bite us.

Jeff