mahout-user mailing list archives

From Joe Spears <jspe...@indieplaya.com>
Subject Re: Recommending items for anonymous users
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:41:42 GMT
I was just looking at the javadocs. It all seems pretty logical... this
seems a lot better than contaminating the realData by inserting statistical
data from the overall user community that might skew the results for
smaller clusters.

To divine what could be an example in your book on the subject, it is nice
to be able to recommend bands that are like both "New 2 Town" and "Bowling
in Hades" to an anonymous user (because statistically, my community could be
evenly divided in their fandom) and then to only show bands like "Bowling in
Hades" once the user logs in (since users like "the logged in user" only
like that particular band of the two).