mahout-user mailing list archives

From Gurudev Devanla <betaco...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on Bayes Classifier
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:25:29 GMT
Hello All,

This is my first post ever on any open source mailing list. So, please
excuse me if I am not following certain standards.

I was walking through the code for Naive Bayes classifier and I notice that
in TestClassifier.java, at the point where the document wieghts are
calculated the probability of the class(label)  is not taken into
consideration. My knowledge of document wt in Naive Bayes is :

Pr(C|D )  =  Pr(D|C) * P(C) , but in the implementation I have downloaded, I
don't see Pr(C) being used in the calculation.

Any pointers would be great. I am probably overlooking this be considered
elsewhere in the program.

Thanks
betacoder