mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jake Mannix <jake.man...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback on provided recommendations
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:46:20 GMT
Another approach would be, if you have a lot of negative feedback as well
as positive feedback, to train two models, both treating the feedback as
positive,
and then blend the results with a negative blending weight (i.e. subtract
off a
scaled multiple of the negative feedback recommendation score from the
positive feedback recommendation score).

This would only work if you had enough negative feedback to build an full
model out of it.

  -jake