mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Dmitri O.Kondratiev" <doko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Function approximation in Mahout?
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:08:21 GMT
I have 165000 observations. Each observation is 180 component vector.
One component in this vector is an integer in range from 0 to 200.

Every vector is constructed from readings of 180 sensors. Sensors fail
unpredictably, so some vector components may be undefined. On average
40% - 60% of random vector components are undefined in every vector.

I am trying to find an approximation function for each component of
these vectors.

What other methods for prediction with incomplete data can be used for
a task I just described?