mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Jambor <jambo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: new to hadoop
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 21:03:18 GMT
thanks a lot. it works with the latest version. however, it runs out of
memory after the 2nd job. what exactly are these jobs? and how many
should run to finish the task?
(hadoop jar
/localhome/tjambor/mahout/core/target/mahout-core-0.4-SNAPSHOT.job
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.item.RecommenderJob
-Dmapred.input.dir=testdata/100k_data.data -Dmapred.output.dir=output)

I have a small cluster, only 5 computers, some of them does not have a
lot of memory, but the master server should be fine. besides, I only ran
the test with the smallest movielens data set (100k).