mahout-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Jambor <jambo...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: distributed SVD
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 18:38:34 GMT
that looks interesting, but quite general. I'd be interested to know how
he plans to divide the task that will be distributed. I mean SVD in
general takes the whole user-item matrix, so it will be challenging to
find a good way to divide the task. Papers written on SVD do not discuss
this aspect, as far as I know.