mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new to hadoop
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 22:59:51 GMT
Well, I can tell you about a time I saw something like this, but I am
not sure it is related to your situation.

I had serious problems with tasks being unable to find each other
shortly after startup, like when they first tried to report back to
the namenode. In the end I discovered it was because my mobile
broadband connection would sometimes change the hostname of my laptop!
And so jobs could no longer resolve the hostname of other jobs.

I doubt that's the cause, but, something similar could be happening.
Have you set up the conf/*.xml files in the usual way, per Hadoop
instructions? so you are definitely telling it localhost is where to
find HDFS, etc.?