mahout-user mailing list archives

From Pedro Oliveira <cpdom...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-relational data
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 12:26:38 GMT
Hi,

I have a simple question: does Mahout supports, or plans to support,
multi-relational datasets?
I.e., datasets where each instance can have a variable number of values in a
attribute, and values can be other instances?
The basic example is a social network, where each person has several
attributes, and some attributes, like "knows", can have several distinct
values, and these values are other persons.
This datasets are usually very sparse (there's lots of distinct attributes,
but each instance only has values for few of them), and the relational
information is very relevant (in the social network example, the
acquaintances of our acquaintances are relevant).

Cheers,
Pedro