mahout-user mailing list archives

From "Karan Jindal" <karan_jin...@students.iiit.ac.in>
Subject Reg: Random Forest in mahout 0.3
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:01:48 GMT

Hi all,
I  have few questions about random forest. Can any one through light on
the following questions?

Q1.what's the difference between "InMem Mapred implementation" and
"Partial Mapred implementation"? Is there any performance (in terms of
efficiency of random forest) trade off between the two?

Q2.In training total number of attributes are 18 and by mistake I gave 20
(-sl 20) attributes in command line during training phase. In this case,
do the implementation consider all the attributes while taking decision at
a node?

Q3. which approach (information gain or entropy model)is used to classify
the data at a given node?

--Karan

believed to be clean.