mahout-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Eastman <j...@windwardsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Installing Mahout
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 15:29:17 GMT
I don't really know what problems you are seeing, but here's a link that
might be useful. It describes setting up Mahout and Hadoop on a fresh
EC2 instance. If you follow these steps on your machines then you will
have two functioning nodes. To knit them into a single cluster you would
need to modify the Hadoop part of the installation in $HADOOP_HOME/conf
so that one machine is the NameNode and both are DataNodes.

Or, you could just roll an AMI and run arbitrary sized Hadoop clusters
on EC2.

https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/mahoutec2.html

Jeff