mahout-user mailing list archives

From Gökhan Çapan <gkhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Predicting Successor Item
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:05:10 GMT
Ted,
I am not sure that I understood your suggestion correctly. But, I've come up
with an idea after reading.
If we create a dictionary-like structure with a high-weighted predecessor
field, and a previous items field whose entries are constructed like;
- an item as the key
- its predecessor item in predecessor field
- other previous items in the third field
Do you think results of a search query with user's recent history yields to
a reasonable, ranked list of  possible next items?

--
Gökhan Çapan