mahout-user mailing list archives

From matboeh...@googlemail.com
Subject Mahout running on Hadoop
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 15:26:15 GMT
Hi there,

I am new to Mahout and currently evaluating the framework for our project.
I like the idea of being prepared for a large amount of users and data that
Mahout provides with the oportunity to run on Hadoop. However, I am
currently looking for an easy way of how to migrate to Hadoop. So far, I
have only found tutorials that describe how to deal with the files for
input and output that need to be copied to hadoop. However, as a user I do
not really want to cope with the problem of copying files, I rather want to
stay with the API and the Recommedner class.

Is this possible at all? Is there any documentation on this issue?

Best regards,
Matthias