mahout-user mailing list archives

From Young <woshidus...@126.com>
Subject Re:Re: Re: Re: Re: Recommend for anonymous users
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 20:16:53 GMT
I tried the 10M dataset from grouplen. Is it the reason I do the project in my own laptop?
It is Intel 2 core 2.4 GB, and RAM 3GB, and Win7 OS.
And blow is profiled code.
//Precompute the model, itemSimilarity.
DataModel model = new GroupLensDataModel(new File("ratings.dat"));
ItemSimilarity itemSimilarity = null;
  try {
   itemSimilarity = new PearsonCorrelationSimilarity(model);
  } catch (TasteException e) {
   e.printStackTrace();
  }
Recommender recommender = new GenericItemBasedRecommender(model,itemSimilarity);

//Below method consume more than 1min to generate result.
     itembased_items = recommender.recommend(user_id, 10);
Should I try slope-one?