mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <ssc.o...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop with MySQL-based data model and Spring integration
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:11:54 GMT
Hi Matthias,

If you're using Spring 3 and don't want to configure constructor
injection via XML (which looks really messy when you have lots of classes),
you can also use Spring's  Java Configuration capabilities.

I like it for it's compactness, here's a simple example:

@Configuration
public class ApplicationSetup {
  public @Bean recommender() throws Exception() {
    DataModel dataModel = ...
    ItemSimilarity similarity = ...;
    return new GenericItemBasedRecommender(dataModel, similarity);
  }
}

--sebastian