mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cooccurrence to align different categorization systems (many to many occurrence)
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:51:12 GMT
Lets clarify your situation. You are making recommendations or what?
Shouldn't have anything to do with Lucene per se. You do not need Hadoop for
recommendations if you don't want. ItemSimilarity is not related to Hadoop.
Yes you can define whatever notion of similarity that you like this way. Its
up to you not the framework really. But are you doing recommendations?