mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about the Twenty Newsgroup example
Date Mon, 12 Jul 2010 19:43:30 GMT
OutOfMemoryError from workers, right?

You probably need to give more memory to the Hadoop workers. I do this
by setting something like this in mapred-site.xml (there are other
similar ways of doing this):

  <property>
    <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
    <value>-Xmx256m</value>
  </property>

This gives each a 256MB heap. I don't know how much is required for 20
news groups but this is the likely setting you need.