mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Online Recommendation
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:46:15 GMT
10 million data points is not large, and should not be "slow".
Recommendations should take less than 100ms with normal algorithms and
data sets. What are you seeing?

There are many, many ways to make a recommender run very slowly, and a
few ways to do it right.

Without any details, it's not possible to comment more. What data,
what algorithm, etc?

2010/7/13 WoodJustin <huluhulu14@hotmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>

> I am reading the <Mahout in Action> and run the code of user-based recommendation
based on 10 million rating data set. It seems extremly slow to calculate the recommended items.
I am curious if I want to do the online recommendation, how could I do?