mahout-user mailing list archives

From samsam <yangua...@gmail.com>
Subject Recommend for anonymous users
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 12:52:34 GMT
Hello,all
I want to build recommendation engine with apache mahout,I have read some
reading material,and I still have some questions.

1)How to recommend for anonymous users
I think recommendation engine  should return recommendations given a item
id.For example,a anonymous user reviews some items,
and tell the recommendation what he reviews,and compute with the reviews
histories.

2)How to compute the items similarity dataset
Without use items similarity dataset,we can make ItemBasedRecommender
with PearsonCorrelationSimilarity,but
we need to make recommendations with extra attributes of items,
so we should use the items similarity dataset,how to build the dataset is
the key point.
--
I'm samsam.