mahout-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVD Memory Reqs
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 21:35:43 GMT
My unsubstantiated guess is that most of these could actually be replaced
with random vectors with no impact.  All of the studies I have seen that
measure how many singular vectors are necessary change the dimensionality as
they test different numbers.  I think it would be better to keep the
dimensionality constant and just change how many vectors are actually
singular vectors and how many are random.