mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject SVD and input args
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:59:21 GMT
Trying out SVD for the first time and trying to make sense of the parameters...

Am I missing a more obvious way to get the number of rows to give to SVD than to iterate through
the whole sequence file of vectors and count them up?  Assuming a sufficiently large vector
file, don't I need a M/R job to do this?  Likewise, one would have to do this for the --numCols
as well, right?  In reality, I suppose it would be useful to have a utility that checked to
make sure all the vectors in a file are the same cardinality, right?

Just trying to get my head around the practical side of running SVD.

Thanks,
Grant