mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Understanding SVD CLI inputs
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 19:35:19 GMT
Just to make sure I'm understanding, the docs for "clean SVD" at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Dimensional+Reduction
are not correct, right?

In looking at the code, the SVD command requires --Dmapred.input.dir (soon to be --input like
everything else, see MAHOUT-461) a --tempDir and --Dmapred.output.dir (soon to be --output).
 Then, in the cleansvd command, the --eigenInput should actually refer to the Output directory
not the tempDir as the docs suggest, right?

Also, any recommendations on setting maxError and minEigenValue?  What are the tradeoffs I'm
making there?  I mean, I suppose maxError is some measure of convergence and minEigenValue
is just as it sounds, but what are the practical implications of those settings?  Are the
values in the example good starting points?

Thanks,
Grant