mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stanley Ipkiss <saurabhnan...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible multi thread issue in AbstractDifferenceRecommenderEvaluator
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 00:50:16 GMT

For the class PreferenceEstimateCallable, the parent thread does not wait for
all the child threads of this class to complete. On just adding a few simple
log statements around the call() function (shown below), I have observed
that there were a lot more "Starting" (622 in number) as compared to
"Stopping" (1 in number) in my logfile. I ran it multiple times and
everytime I got some difference in the total number of logged start and
stop. I will try to fix this issue in my checked out code, but just wanted
to know if anyone else has noted this?

   public Void call() throws TasteException {
      log.info("Starting - analysis for pref size:" + prefs.length());
      for (Preference realPref : prefs) {
      }
      log.info("Stopping - analysis for pref size:" + prefs.length());
      return null;
    }