mahout-user mailing list archives

From Bhaskar Ghosh <bjgin...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Build Error in Twenty Newsgroups Classification Example
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 20:01:40 GMT

 I am also getting errors while generating the input dataset as per the
following command from here
( https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/twenty-newsgroups.html ):
$ mkdir 20news-input $ mvn -e exec:java \
-Dexec.mainClass=org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups \
-Dexec.args="-p 20news-18828 \                    -o 20news-input \
-a org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardAnalyzer \                    -c
UTF-8"

The error I am getting is pated below:

>[INFO] [exec:java]
>[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>[INFO] An exception occured while executing the Java class.
>org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups
>

>[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>[INFO] Trace
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: An exception occured
>while executing the Java class.
>org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:583)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeStandaloneGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:512)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:482)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
>
>at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)
>at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>at
>at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>
>at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
>at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
>Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: An exception occured
>while executing the Java class.
>org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups
>at org.codehaus.mojo.exec.ExecJavaMojo.execute(ExecJavaMojo.java:346)
>at
>org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:451)
>
>at
>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
>
>... 16 more
>Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>org.apache.mahout.classifier.bayes.PrepareTwentyNewsgroups
> [...]
Any idea why this is happening? Appreciate any help.
Thanks
Bhaskar Ghosh
Hyderabad, India

http://www.google.com/profiles/bjgindia

"Ignorance is Bliss... Knowledge never brings Peace!!!"