mahout-user mailing list archives

From First Qaxy <qa...@yahoo.ca>
Subject WEKA vs Mahout
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:09:39 GMT
Hi all,
I've been asked and I'm trying to figure out what are the major differences between Mahout
and WEKA concerning classification, clustering and assoc rules(PFPGrowth). My understanding
so far is that:- Mahout supports unsupervised algorithms; WEKA also supports supervised through
its UI.- Mahout scales much better while WEKA is memory bound.- Mahout is targeting developers
directly; WEKA mainly data mining analysts.- WEKA supports automating detection of classification
algorithms. does Mahout have something similar?- Anything important that I've missed?
If anyone can provide any insight that would be great. Thanks.
/qf