mahout-user mailing list archives

From Bhaskar Ghosh <bjgin...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject What are the ways to train and run classifiers on text?
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:37:48 GMT
Dear All,

I need to classify a bunch of text files, so determine which class does each one
of these texts fall.

Now I have seen through the 20Newsgroups example. I see that the input text
files need to have a particular format:

<class-label> <tab> <unique features (words) associated with the class-label>

But the real question is how do I get such a pre-processed input file? Do I need
to process the input text files, to get it into the required format? Then it
would required extracting the unique words/features from the raw text, in
addition to assigning class-labels, as well.

OR

There is some classifier class that can take raw input files? My input would be
something like:

<class-label1> <file1-text>
<class-label2> <file3-text>
<class-label1> <file2-text>
etc.

Thanks
Bhaskar Ghosh
Hyderabad, India

http://www.google.com/profiles/bjgindia

"Ignorance is Bliss... Knowledge never brings Peace!!!"