mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dean Jones <dean.m.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative Naive Bayes Datastore?
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:06:40 GMT
Hi Ted,

On 16 September 2010 20:48, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do those implementations have something Mahout doesn't?
>
> It isn't that I expect that you could switch, just looking to make ours as
> good as anything reasonable.

I think there may be some confusion, apologies if I wasn't clear. I
didn't mean to suggest that we would contribute our sparse vector code
(for a start, I know that Mahout has it's own linear algebra library
and doesn't need ours) but that we'd happily contribute the
jdbm-backed implementation of the Mahout Bayes Datastore that we have,
if (i) you'd like it, and (ii) we can find a resolution to the problem
of storing Mahout vectors in jdbm.

Best wishes,

Dean.