mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about SVD based recommender
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:07:55 GMT
I think it's stable enough, though I'd surely encourage you to use the
latest code in SVN since things change so much. This class hasn't
changed much at all though.

It's an in-memory implementation, not distributed, note.

I'm not the author, but understand that the implementation is based on
an expectation maximization approach. I don't know the best resource,
nor the one that might have informed the implementation, but I suspect
this is basically it:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.68.1154&rep=rep1&type=pdf