mahout-user mailing list archives

From Akshay Bhat <akshayub...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding the scalability of SVD code in Mahout
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 00:08:22 GMT
Hello,
Has anyone attempted SVD of a with a really large matrix (~40 million rows
and columns to be specific) using mahout.
I am planning to perform SVD using mahout on Twitter Follower network (it
contains information about ~35 Million users following ~45 million users
http://an.kaist.ac.kr/traces/WWW2010.html ) and I should have access to
Cornell hadoop cluster (55 Quad core nodes with 16-18GB ram per node). Can
anyone estimate how long the job will run?
Also is it possible to perform regularized SVD, or will I need to add
functionality by modifying the code.
Thank you

--
Akshay Uday Bhat.
Graduate Student, Computer Science, Cornell University