mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Schelter <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: get similar items
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 07:24:27 GMT
Hi Sam,

You could use a custom implementation of ItemSimilarity that looks at
content-specific properties to compute the similarity. In an onlineshop you
would for example compare properties like price, manufacturer or color of
products. While the quality of the results might not be very high with this
approach, it's still better than showing nothing.

--sebastian