mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dean Jones <dean.m.jo...@gmail.com>
Subject Alternative Naive Bayes Datastore?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 09:26:02 GMT
Hello folks,

I've been training a language model using the Naive Bayes classifier
and things have been going pretty well so far (it's been remarkably
straightforward to get everything up and running on EC2 - thanks!).
However, I've now hit a bit of an obstacle in terms of using the
generated model in our application. As far as I can tell, there are
two options - the model is either stored in Hbase or it's all loaded
into memory using the InMemoryBayesDatastore. Unfortunately, Hbase
isn't an option for us, and the models we're generating are too big to
be held in memory (we're doing some feature pruning, but memory
consumption is still an issue). I'm pretty new to Mahout, so I just
wondered whether there was a known workaround to this problem -
perhaps something based on a persistent cache like jdbm?

Thanks,

Dean.