mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PlusAnonymousUserDataModel usage?
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:19:15 GMT
Yes that is what anonymous means here. No not all the DataModels are
mutable. For example FileDataModel is not. It periodically updates from the
files. The idea is that fully reloading and rebuilding can be slow, partly
because it theoretically requires plenty of precomputations down stream to
be re-done. So this is a way to perform the recommendation on some
hypothetical set of preferences that are not actually in existence in the
model.