mahout-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Clustering on Elastic Map Reduce
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2010 01:01:29 GMT

On Sep 11, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> I've made a little bit of progress here, but not much.  Here's what I ran:
>
> elastic-mapreduce -j <JOB>  --jar s3n://news-vecs/mahout-core-0.4-SNAPSHOT.job
 --main-class org.apache.mahout.clustering.kmeans.KMeansDriver --arg --input --arg s3n://news-vecs/part-out.vec
--arg --clusters --arg s3n://news-vecs/kmeans/clusters/ --arg

> --k

Ugh.  It's -k, not --k.

So, this bit of code could likely be more useful:
} catch (IllegalArgumentException e) {
      log.error(e.getMessage());
      CommandLineUtil.printHelpWithGenericOptions(group);
      return null;
    }

Since, at least on EMR, the logs tend to get buried and it writes it out to syslog, not stderr
or stdout.

I have it running now by logging into the EMR instance using SSH and then I also specifically
uploaded my Vector file to HDFS by hand.  In other words, I'm not using the remote Ruby CLI
just yet.

Progress.  Sigh.

-Grant