mahout-user mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject FYI: Fw: Fast Feather Track at ApacheCon - submit your talk now!
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:01:33 GMT

I thought the following might be a nice option to present your
awesome Mahout use case to a broader audience - or maybe tell
others what you did for GSoC.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:54:09 +0100 (BST)
From: Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com>
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Fast Feather Track at ApacheCon - submit your talk now!

Hi All

We've under a month to go now to Atlanta, and hopefully you've all
registered and are all looking forward to a great week?

Other than our packed schedule of talks, our growing list of meetups
(see Shane's email from Friday for more details on hosting your own),
what could be more exciting than your Next Big Thing? Well, that's
where the Fast Feather Track comes in!

The Fast Feather Track provides space for the projects that are just
too new or fast-moving to fit in to the normal CFP. It's especially a
great slot for new incubator projects to talk about what they're up to,
or share their passion for some new technology out there. So, this is
your chance of twenty minutes of fame for your incubating project :)

The Fast Feather Track is all about the technology - so whether you're
a novice or a natural at public speaking, there's room for you!
Anything new at The Apache Software Foundation belongs here, along with
new external technologies that can help us work better. Whether you're
ready for showtime and want the world to know, or you're still finding
your feet, and just fishing for a few new contributors / mentors, this
is the slot for you!

What we're after now is people to tell us what they want to talk about.
We've got a room for a day, and a big empty schedule board with 20
minute slots on it, so now all we need is some talks to fill it with...
We're aiming to fix most of the schedule now, but we'll probably keep a
few slots spare for some last minute talks. But if you've already got
your ticket, and you know what you want to talk about, please let us
know now, so we can make sure there's space for everyone.

To submit your talk, please head over to google docs and tell us about
yourself and your talk:
<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dElobGxibG1oc05OeFNqRFZ1S0tpLVE6MQ>

We'll see you, your projects, and your great short talks in Atlanta!

Nick

(NB Speaking in the Fast Feather Track does not entitle you to the full
range of speaker perks - you'll get a shiny badge, and your bio in the
program, but you won't get your travel, room or registration comped.
Doesn't make it any less fun though, we promise!)