mahout-user mailing list archives

From James James <recommendersys...@yahoo.com>
Subject DataModel
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:57:43 GMT
Hi,

I was evaluating which DataModel should be used when we are dealing with a large
amount of user data with new data coming in on a regular basis (for example on a
daily basis). The GenericModel is immutable, which requires the user data to be
reloaded when new data comes in. I have not tried JDBCDataModel yet. Based on
the posts here, it seems to me the reloading is not needed for JDBCDataModel
since it is always kept up-to-date.

Do you think that JDBCDataModel is more efficient for my case? Are there any
implementations of  DataModel using HBase?

Thanks,

James