mahout-user mailing list archives

From Alec Feuerstein <mir...@karoushi.net>
Subject Re: DataModel.getItemIDs
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 22:52:52 GMT
Well, I am running Derby on my local box.  I have not tried this in
particular in our staging environment yet -- which is MySQL.  I think
it is less a DB issue and more a JDBC thing.  But, the Derby thing
does make me a bit uncertain.

Basically, by setting ResultSet.TYPE_FORWARD_ONLY, isAfterLast is
throwing an error which is getting caught and then closing the
connection.  To aggravate things hasNext -- where the call to
isAfterLast lives -- is called whenever you are trying to get any
data...

Setting the result set as ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE clears
things up as it allows for scrolling.

-Alec