mahout-user mailing list archives

From Frank Wang <wangfan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementation for Linear Regression
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 03:15:24 GMT
Hi Ted,

thanks for your reply.
I'm trying a new model where I want to estimate the output as a timespan
quantified in number of seconds, which is not bounded. That's why I think
I'd use linear regression instead of logistic regression. (lemme know if i'm
wrong)

I started on the code yesterday. The new AbstractOnlineLinearRegression
class is implementing the OnlineLearner interface. I updated the classify()
function to use linear model. I tried to follow the format for
AbstractOnlineLogisticRegression.

I think since linear regression can be implemented w/ sgd, the train()
and regularize() functions would look similar. I'm not sure if i'm on the
right path. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks