mahout-user mailing list archives

From Matthias Böhmer <matth...@m-boehmer.de>
Subject Exploiting the last visited items
Date Sat, 30 Oct 2010 13:32:03 GMT
Hello,

I played around a little bit with recommendations for anonymous users.
Therefore I have simply build a preference array based on the recently
visited items, like it is explained in "Mahout in Action". This seems
to work out pretty well since the recent items perfectly relate the
user's latest interests. However, now I want to include the most
recent visited items into my main recommender, i.e. the recommender
based on the historical data of known users. Any ideas on how to add
temporary user preferences to the data model? As far as I understood
the PlusAnonymousDataModel, this is no solution since it only supports
one user and is not thread safe. Thanks in advance!

Best,
Matthias