mahout-user mailing list archives

From Steve <stefanobella...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SVD for recommendations with Hadoop
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:46:00 GMT

Thanks Lance, but i have still many questions. Do i need to put all data in a
matrix i think, but how? I used SVD command line of Mahout with seqdirectory
and seq2sparse, but without success :) Well i think i need something like
this finally:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Using-SVD-with-Canopy-KMeans-td1407217.html#a1407801
but for recommendations. Can you help me with some suggestions or tutorials?
I see that there is much interest in SVD and DistributedLanczos but really
few suggestions and tutorials. Thank you again for your time and help,
Stefano