mahout-user mailing list archives

From Stefano Bellasio <stefanobella...@gmail.com>
Subject Using SVD for recommendations with Hadoop
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:08:30 GMT
Hi guys, i'm going ahead with some tests with Hadoop and Mahout. Right now my goal is to use
SVD to recommend on my Movielens data set, but i have some questions:

1) i have a .txt movielens data set right now, composed as UserID, itemID, PreferenceValue.
How can i convert this to use SVD? I think i need to create a matrix, is there some tool or
class that i can use?
2) the final goal is using DistributedLanczosSolver with Hadoop, are there some suggestions
or info that i need to know about this one?

Thank you! regards