mahout-user mailing list archives

From Derek O'Callaghan <derek.ocallag...@ucd.ie>
Subject Re: How to edit dataset for SVD recommendations with DistributedLanczos?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:21:45 GMT
Hi Stefano,

TestClusterDumper has a few test methods which perform SVD with
clustering, e.g. testKmeansSVD(). These methods demonstrate the creation
of a matrix for use with SVD, so I think they might help to give you an
overview of what's required.

Regards,

Derek

On 04/12/10 18:04, Stefano Bellasio wrote:
> Do i need to put all data in a matrix i think, but how? I used SVD command line of Mahout
with seqdirectory and seq2sparse, but without success :) Well i think i need something like
this finally: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Using-SVD-with-Canopy-KMeans-td1407217.html#a1407801
but for recommendations. Can you help me with some suggestions or tutorials? I see that there
is much interest in SVD and DistributedLanczos but really few suggestions and tutorials. Thank
you again for your