mahout-user mailing list archives

From Derek O'Callaghan <derek.ocallag...@ucd.ie>
Subject Re: How to edit dataset for SVD recommendations with DistributedLanczos?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 17:04:43 GMT
Hi Stefano,

The class can be found in mahout-utils/src/test/java.

Derek

On 06/12/10 16:54, Stefano Bellasio wrote:
> Hi Derek, thanks! I'm looking in my mahout files, and i can't find this class under org.apache.mahout.clustering.TestClusterDumper,
is there or another package?
> Il giorno 06/dic/2010, alle ore 14.21, Derek O'Callaghan ha scritto:
>

>> Hi Stefano,
>>
>> TestClusterDumper has a few test methods which perform SVD with clustering, e.g.
testKmeansSVD(). These methods demonstrate the creation of a matrix for use with SVD, so I
think they might help to give you an overview of what's required.

>> Regards,
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> On 04/12/10 18:04, Stefano Bellasio wrote:
>>
>>> Do i need to put all data in a matrix i think, but how? I used SVD command line
of Mahout with seqdirectory and seq2sparse, but without success :) Well i think i need something
like this finally: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Using-SVD-with-Canopy-KMeans-td1407217.html#a1407801
but for recommendations. Can you help me with some suggestions or tutorials? I see that there
is much interest in SVD and DistributedLanczos but really few suggestions and tutorials. Thank
you again for your