mahout-user mailing list archives

From Lance Norskog <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using SVD for recommendations with Hadoop
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 22:32:23 GMT
Buy this early access download.

http://www.manning.com/owen/

All of your questions will be answered. You will have new questions
and they too will be answered.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Stefano Bellasio
<stefanobellasio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys, i'm going ahead with some tests with Hadoop and Mahout. Right now my goal is
to use SVD to recommend on my Movielens data set, but i have some questions:

> 1) i have a .txt movielens data set right now, composed as UserID, itemID, PreferenceValue.
How can i convert this to use SVD? I think i need to create a matrix, is there some tool or
class that i can use?
> 2) the final goal is using DistributedLanczosSolver with Hadoop, are there some suggestions
or info that i need to know about this one?

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com