mahout-user mailing list archives

From Chris Schilling <ch...@cellixis.com>
Subject Re: SVD Factorization persistence
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:13:22 GMT
Sure Sean,

Let me work on a prototype in my own code over the next few days.  Ill have a better suggestion
soon.

@Dan, I haven't really looked at the distributed implementation of the SVD, but it should
be possible to integrate the reading of the distributed calculation into the online SVD recommender.

Some other functionality I thought would be nice for the SVD:  item-item/user-user similarities
based on the latent feature vectors.

Anyway, Ill get back to you once I have a better idea of what I want to accomplish.

Thanks
Chris

On Mar 2, 2011, at 12:47 AM, Sean Owen wrote:

> You could suggest a patch that would refactor this all such that you
> could read the intermediate result, and/or restore the intermediate
> result later. I'm sure there are easy hacky ways of doing it but I bet
> there is an elegant design that would get this done too.
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Chris Schilling <chris@cellixis.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to use the SVDRecommender tool.  I was hoping I could persist (to a file
on disk) the matrix Factorization.  However, the arrays in the Factorization encapsulation
are all private.  Is there already a tool that exists to persist this info?  I want to run
various tests, but it will become painful to recalculate the SVD each time.