mahout-user mailing list archives

From Vipul Pandey <vipan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended reading
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:35:02 GMT
For Machine Learning - i would recommend looking at cs229.stanford.edu. It's a very nicely
taught course with super helpful lecture notes - and you can get all the videos in youtube
or iTunesU.
http://itunes.apple.com/itunes-u/machine-learning/id384233048

The section notes for this course will give you enough review material on linear algebra and
probability theory to get you going.

~Vipul

On Mar 8, 2011, at 8:42 AM, jeremy@lewi.us wrote:

> Quoting Vasil Vasilev <vavasilev@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can someone recommend me good books on Statistics and also on Linear Algebra
>> and Analytic Geometry which will provide enough background for understanding
>> machine learning algorithms?
>>
>> Regards, Vasil
>>

> The goto book for linear algebra is "Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Gilbert Strang.
His lectures are also available online at.