mahout-user mailing list archives

From Arjun Kumar Reddy <charjunkumar.re...@iiitb.net>
Subject Regarding classification of URL's
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 11:35:13 GMT
Hi list,

I am a newbie in mahout and I want to now some details regarding this
project.

I am in need of a classification tool which gives me the category in which
the URL or content belongs to.

For example, If I give this particular URL's

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/current/player/49764.htmlit
should give me the category as "cricket".

I was able to do this with other existing API's like alchemy, evri, textwise
etc. and I am looking for something better in terms of performance.

Could anyone please help me how can I use this mahout tool for classifying
the documents.

Thanks and regards,*
*Ch. Arjun Kumar Reddy,
International Institute of Information Technology – Bangalore (IIITB),
26/C, Electronics City, Hosur Road,
Bangalore 560 100
Ph: 8800710999*
*