mahout-user mailing list archives

From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVD Factorization persistence
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:47:58 GMT
You could suggest a patch that would refactor this all such that you
could read the intermediate result, and/or restore the intermediate
result later. I'm sure there are easy hacky ways of doing it but I bet
there is an elegant design that would get this done too.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM, Chris Schilling <chris@cellixis.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use the SVDRecommender tool.  I was hoping I could persist (to a file
on disk) the matrix Factorization.  However, the arrays in the Factorization encapsulation
are all private.  Is there already a tool that exists to persist this info?  I want to run
various tests, but it will become painful to recalculate the SVD each time.