mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dan Brickley <dan...@danbri.org>
Subject Re: Recommended reading
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:38:18 GMT
On 8 March 2011 17:37, Vasil Vasilev <vavasilev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone recommend me good books on Statistics and also on Linear
> Algebra
> and Analytic Geometry which will provide enough background for
> understanding
> machine learning algorithms?

Hi all

I've collected up much of the text from this mail thread and added it to the
wiki at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Reference+Reading

I've added links where I could find them, wikified the voice a little
(downplayed opinions and some detail), but otherwise the text is from this
thread.

The page currently is a bit awkward since I appended a large body of text to
a pre-existing small entry, but it seemed better than adding a new page. But
I'd rather circulate it as-is now than leave this on a 'someday pile', so
... there you go. Hope it's useful and that others are in the mood to jump
in and polish / improve the page.

cheers,

Dan