mahout-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: How to create a distribution from the snapshot codebase?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:04:44 GMT
Hi,

I had a quick look at mahout's pom.xml, and realized the distribution
module already contains the maven-assembly-plugin.

I you 'cd distribution' and type 'mvn install', you will see

[INFO] Assemblies have been skipped per configuration of the
skipAssembly parameter.

This is because of the mahout's defined mahout.skip.distribution
parameter in pom.xml.

Type 'mvn install -Dmahout.skip.distribution=false', and you will get
the zip/tar.gz/bz2 with mahout's jar and its dependencies + a shell
script to invoke org.apache.mahout.driver.MahoutDriver.

I searched around on website and forum, but didn't find a description
for this (I found the related JIRA on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-538), but maybe I missed
the page?

In terms of contribution, I think everything is already there, maybe
more documentation/link...

Tks,
- Eric