mahout-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Lyubimov <dlie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About formatting patches
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:37:11 GMT

>> Eclipse autoformat function is not very useful really. In fact, IMO
>> code looks uglier after it than the version i created in the first
>> place.
>
> Ugly is not a particularly useful concept here compared to the idea of
> "standard".

Yes. But I meant eclipse default autoformat is both subjectively
uglier while still no more standard.
Actually, Sean's cleanup had to cancel most of its effects on comment
and function calling.

Eclipse does all that stuff you mentioned too, it just not doing all
of style checks on one hand  and not doing it "correctly"
(i.e. 100% maven checkstyle plugin style) by default.

Although i need to check out that Lucene wiki to see if it helps to
address this in eclipse.